Visionary ScholarshipAre you a Visionary?
Do you have what it takes to be the next visionary leader?
The Visionary Scholarship Committee is proud to announce the official Visionary Campaign start for the 14th Annual UNAVSA Leadership Conference. Huy Duong, our gracious sponsor, a Northern California native and former regional president, reached out to UNAVSA May of 2011 with hopes to expand the scholarship program. Since then, our organization is able to provide six college students the opportunity to travel to UNAVSA’s Annual Leadership Conference at minimal or no cost.
We at UNAVSA understand that college students are burdened with financial pressures and want to lend a helping hand to those passionate and in need. This scholarship offers a first-hand experience for attendees to dive into leadership, personal & professional development, while being able to network with hundreds of other community leaders across the North American Continent.
This year, the scholarship will be awarded to a total of six winners – three winners in the Eastern region and three in the Western region. This method ensures scholarship winners are not all concentrated from one area. Recipients will be selected by the Visionary Scholarship Committee in a two-part process. For more details on the application, please see “About The Visionary Scholarship” below.
Year after year, the size of the Visionary Scholarship circle continues to grow. UNAVSA hopes to provide resources and opportunities for recipients and members to create a significant impact in their lives as leaders and their respective communities. We want to instill value in the ideals of culture, family, and philanthropy – all components that make communities strong and successful!
ABOUT THE VISIONARY SCHOLARSHIP
What the Scholarship Covers
- Round trip airfare subsidy
- Hotel night stay for entire conference duration
- Conference registration
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate college student or graduating senior.
- Applicant must be a first time attendee and cannot be a conference director or E-board member of UNAVSA.
- Only complete and on-time applications submitted will be considered.
- The prompt can be answered in a variety of media. Some options are, but not limited to: essay, video, poem, and photography.
- Early Deadline is Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 Pacific.
- Final Deadline is Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:59 Pacific.
- All participants will be notified the status of their application by Monday, June 12, 2017.
Need Some Inspiration?
Check out the past winning Visionary Scholarship entries below.
It could be you!
|Kavi Vu||Thanh-Thanh Pham||Michelle Tran||Natalie Doan-Dunnum||Stephanie Choi||It could be you!|