TERMS AND WAIVERAll Claims Agreement for Attendance at Conference
UNION OF NORTH AMERICAN VIETNAMESE STUDENT ASSOCIATIONS
The 15th Annual UNAVSA Leadership Conference
August 2, 2018 – august 5, 2018 in atlanta, georgia
GENERAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS
By this agreement, I consider my voluntary participation in the Union of North American Vietnamese Student Associations’ (henceforth “UNAVSA”) 15th Annual Leadership Conference (henceforth “CONFERENCE”) hereby waive UNAVSA and its officers, officials, board of directors, representatives, staff, volunteers, students, speakers, guests, sponsors, affiliates, vendors, agents, and assigns from any and all liability for damage to or loss of personal property/money, sickness or injury from any source, legal entanglements, imprisonment, or death, which might occur while participating in the CONFERENCE. I further understand that UNAVSA does not provide medical coverage for me. I verify that I will be responsible for any medical costs I incur as a result of my participation. I will assume any risk, and take full responsibility of any and all claims associated with CONFERENCE activities and events organized by UNAVSA.
Attendees have a great opportunity to network and make long lasting relationships while being a part of a event that serves the community. UNAVSA wants attendees to not only leave empowered, but have the best experience possible. A few things our organization expects of attendees:
- Timeliness – Please show up on time to scheduled events!
- Attendance – We strongly encourage you to attend all conference programming, our staff have put in a tremendous of work to make this conference happen and we want all of you to experience it. The schedule is packed all 4 days so please be sure to rest and be ready to participate in conference activities each day.
- Be respectful to one another, hotel staff, other hotel guests and the property we are in.
- Be courteous, and clean up after yourselves.
- No judgments, we are all here to express our opinions and ideas. Please treat this entire weekend as a “safe space.”
- Be safe – always update peers, friends, and family leaders with your location!
The Union of North American Vietnamese Student Associations has a zero tolerance policy for any harassment, assault or sexual misconduct. Those who commit any form or act of sexual misconduct will be immediately removed from the hotel, and all conference and housing permissions will be revoked. Individuals will no longer have the privilege to attend future UNAVSA events and initiatives or its External and Regional partners’ initiatives and projects. An incident report will be filed and the proper due process will be conducted.
Alcohol Consumption & Drug Usage
The Union of North American Vietnamese Student Associations does not condone in underage drinking or usage of illegal drugs. During official programming, an attendee is not allowed to consume or partake in activities that uses drinking or illegal drugs unless permitted. Staff members are also expected to act and hold themselves to a higher standard and will be bound by the same rules, or those set by their committee director.
- No drinking or drug usage during official programming unless permitted
- When drinking is allowed it’s only in approved areas (bars, hotel rooms, restaurants)
- Excessive drinking, inappropriate behavior will result in warnings
- After multiple violations they will no longer have the privilege to attend future UNAVSA events/initiatives or it’s External and Regional partners initiatives/projects. A incident report will be filed and the proper due process will be conducted.
- Removal from hotel premises
- Removal and ban from schedule events
- Official report filed with law enforcement
- Regional organization, legal guardian, and VSA affiliation made aware of transgression
Additionally, I irrevocably consent and authorize UNAVSA to use the images of my appearance that UNAVSA and its authorized agents, staff and assignees have taken while attending the CONFERENCE in a promotional video, film, photograph, or any other media related purposes free of compensation of any type. I further acknowledge that UNAVSA is the owner of all rights in and to media in which I appear and give UNAVSA the right to produce or distribute in any such manner as they deem fit.
I AM OVER 18 AND HAVE READ THIS GENERAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AGREEMENT. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ACCEPTING THEM. I ACKNOWLEDGE MY AGREEMENT IS MADE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE, ORAL OR WRITTEN, BEING MADE TO ME. BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM PERFORMING A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
THIS WAIVER IS FOR PARTICIPANTS 18 AND OVER. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST ALSO FILL OUT A MINOR WAIVER FORM AND SUBMIT IT TO US WHEN YOU CHECK-IN.