Family Leader ApplicationLead a family of fellow attendees
Family Leader Applications Are Now Closed
Family leader applications for the UNAVSA-14 Conference in New Orleans are now closed. The UNAVSA-14 Family Programming Committee will be deciding on the 16 cast members helping make a difference, and unlocking the present for our 300+ attendees at conference.
The UNAVSA-14 Family Programming Committee is looking for anyone who wants to make a positive impact to apply for the Family Leader position. Do not be discouraged if you have not attended a UNAVSA conference, because the Family Programming Committee will assist you along the way to ensure that you are well-prepared for the conference. In addition, if you’re not fully registered or still on the waitlist, you are still eligible to apply.
ABOUT Being a Family Leader
Family Leader REquirements
- Applicants cannot be a current staff member, conference or general committee director, or executive board member of UNAVSA
- Applicants must apply and submit a resume and video following the instructions listed on the application
ReSponsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Leading a group of 20 conference attendees in icebreakers and activities
- Contacting your conference attendees prior to conference – get your family excited and energized for conference
- Serving as the main point of contact for attendees to ask questions and share concerns with
- Representing the UNAVSA organization; exemplify professionalism and leadership
- Be inviting, energetic, and enthusiastic! Facilitate interactions between family members!
- Your mission is to create a sense of “family” among your group members and make the conference a memorable experience!
- 1 to 3 hours per week time commitment
- Bi-weekly check-in conference calls with Family Programming Director
- Availability to constantly communicate via e-mail, phone, etc. and always be responsive
- Willingness to work with other youth leaders/attendees
- Ensure and encourage active participation in Family System activities
- Actively and promptly communicate with either the Director of Family Programming or Committee Members if there are issues during the conference
- Capability to attend meetings with Family Programming Committee after conference activities when scheduled
- Fill out Doodle times for Family Leader Orientation when requested
- Be present and encourage attendance for conference programming; ensuring your family will get the most out of their experience
- Please be aware that drinking alcohol or consuming drugs for non-medical reasoning during conference and before GALA is prohibited
- Be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, and GroupMe (for Family Activity purposes)
- Deadline for Family Leader applications is Monday, May 15th, 2017 at 11:59PM Pacific Time
- The Family Leader Application will be a two-step application process. If your application passes the first round, you’ll be contacted to set-up an interview for the second round.