Prepare for ConferenceSchedule, Packing List, and Transportation
Conference is just days away! Take a peek at the Conference Program Schedule and helpful packing and transportation tips as you plan the last parts prior to your arrival to New Orleans, LA.
- A friendly attitude
- Regional apparel
- Extra cash
- Selfie stick
- Portable phone charger
- Board games
For Optional Post-Conference Community Service Event
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothes you are not afraid to get dirty
Transportation Cost Guide
It is recommended for attendees to use hotel parking and carpool with other attendees when possible.
Westin and Public Parking Building ($105.96 USD + Tax for all 4 days)
- Rates – $26.49 USD for 24 hours
- Pros – Safe, close
- Cons – expensive, may be subject to no in/out privileges
Street Parking Meter ($90 USD max for all 4 days)
- Operating Hours – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- Rates – $3 USD per hour, $33 USD per day, Sundays are free
- Pros – Cheaper, use “Parkmobile” app to pay, Early Bird Discount
- Cons – Distance varies, chance of ticket if you forget to pay
Free Street Parking
- Rates – $0 USD for 24 hours
- Pros – Dirt cheap
- Cons – Distance varies, possible ticket for passing 24 hours of parking
Leaving Car at a Local’s House
- Rates – $0 USD
- Pros – Dirt cheap
- Cons – Who will transport all the attendees from house to hotel? Possible complications when they need to go home as departure varies from person.
Travel distance from Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) to the Westin is approximately 24.14 km/15.0 miles. It is recommended to use Uber/Lyft and carpool as the cheapest alternative.
- Cost – Single trip $20 USD, roundtrip $38 USD
- Contact – (504) 522-3500
- Reservation Required – For shuttle service from the airport, tickets can be purchased on the ground level at the airport shuttle ticket desk located across from the baggage claim carousels.
- Cost – $40 USD
- Cost – $33.35 USD airport from/to hotel